Meredith A. O'Brien
Meredith A. O'Brien is an Associate Attorney at the Law Offices of Saia & Piatt, Inc. in Cleveland, Ohio. Ms. O'Brien is deeply rooted in Northeast Ohio and has a reputation as a strong advocate and litigator for her clients.
Ms. O'Brien has varied legal experience in the areas of Domestic Relations, Probate, Criminal Defense, and OVI/Traffic Defense. Prior to joining the firm, Ms. O'Brien was in private practice in Northeast Ohio and gained courtroom and trial experience as a Public Defender where she handled hundreds of criminal cases from arraignment through trial. Ms. O'Brien distinguished herself as a trial attorney and earned special recognition for her zealous dedication in the defense of her clients.
Ms. O'Brien also has vast experience in Probate matters, which include estate planning, guardianship, estate administration, and wills/advanced directives.
Attorney O'Brien is a member of the Ohio State Bar Association, the Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys, the Cuyahoga County Bar Association and the Lake County Bar Association.
Areas of Practice
- Domestic Relations
- Criminal Defense
- OVI/Traffic Defense
- Ohio, 2010
- Duquesne University School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- J.D. - 2010
- Denison University, Granville, Ohio
- B.A. - 2004
- Major: Political Science
Honors and Awards
- Dedication of Advocacy for Indigent Individuals, Franklin County Public Defender's Office, 2016
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member, 2010 - 2012
- Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- Cuyahoga County Bar Association, Member
- Lake County Bar Association, Member
- Akron Bar Association, Member, 2010 - 2012
- Guardian Ad Litem Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court
Pro Bono Activities
- AIDS Taskforce of Greater Cleveland- Active Board Member, 2011 - 2012