Jon J. Saia
Jon J. Saia is a founding member of The Law Offices of Saia & Piatt, Inc., with
offices located in Columbus and Delaware, Ohio.
Mr. Saia has more than 23 years of legal experience and focuses his practice in
OVI defense, as well as defending
traffic offenses in Ohio. Mr. Saia has earned a reputation in the Ohio legal community
for aggressively defending clients against charges for OVI, criminal,
and traffic offenses through his with vast knowledge of the law and extensive
Attorney Saia provides expert testimony on behalf of individuals arrested
for OVI as it relates to standardized field sobriety testing and is often
consulted by other lawyers about breath testing issues relating to OVI
arrests. Attorney Saia is certified by The National Highway Traffic Safety
Administration as an instructor in the administration of standardized
field sobriety tests and is certified by National Patent Analytical Systems,
Inc., the manufacturer of the BAC Datamaster, in the operation, diagnostic
verification, and calibration of the BAC Datamaster Breath Alcohol Testing
Instruments. The BAC Datamaster is the most commonly used breath alcohol
testing instrument in Ohio.
Attorney Saia’s years of experience and knowledge of the law ensures
that every client receives excellent legal representation in the defense
of OVI, criminal and traffic offenses. Mr. Saia shares his legal experience
and knowledge through seminar speaking engagements and is often consulted
by other lawyers and the media with regard to certain legal issues relating
to OVI, as well as criminal and traffic offenses.
Visit Attorney Saia's Avvo profile.
Attorney Saia was featured on the cover of the 2014 Super Lawyers Magazine
for Ohio & Kentucky.
Check it out here!
- Admitted to the Ohio State Bar, 1987
- Juris Doctor - Capital University, 1986
- Ohio Super Lawyer (DUI Defense), 2006-2009
- AV Preeminent® Rating by Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™
- Avvo Superb 10.0 Rating
- Central Ohio Association for Justice, Member
- National College for DUI Defense, Member
- Ohio Association of Criminal Defense, Chair (DUI Defense)
- Delaware Bar Association, Member
- Columbus Bar Association, Member
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member
Recent Speaking Engagements and Seminars
Ohio State Bar Association Annual Convention - 5/1/14
DWI Detection and Standardized Field Sobriety Testing Course - 4/12/14
- Topic: Proper Procedures for Administering SFSTs
8th Annual Driving Into A DUI Seminar - 2/20/14
- Topic: Drug Recognition, Evaluation and Classification in Drugged Driving Cases